Red Bean Dip
Cholesterol Red Bean Dip Learn How To Cook Cholesterol Red Bean Dip Recipe at Home with Olive Oil Crushed Garlic Finely Chopped Onion
Great bean-and-cheese dip that not only tastes better than commercial ones, but is healthier too.
2 tablespoons (28 ml) olive oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
1 cup (160 g) finely chopped onion
1 jalapeño, finely chopped
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 cups (100 g) cooked kidney beans
1/2 cup (58 g) shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Heat oil in a skillet.
2. Add garlic, onion, jalapeño, and chili powder and cook gently 4 minutes.
3. Drain kidney beans, reserving juice.
4. Process beans in a blender or food processor to a puree.
5. Add to onion mixture and stir in 2 tablespoons of reserved bean liquid; mix well.
6. Stir in cheese.
7. Cook gently about 2 minutes, stirring until cheese melts.
8. If mixture becomes too thick, add a little more reserved bean liquid.
9. Spoon into serving dish and serve warm with tortilla chips.
Yield: 12 servings
Per serving: 19 g water; 151 calories (26% from fat, 23% from protein, 52% from carb); 9 g protein; 4 g total fat; 2 g saturated fat; 1 g monounsaturated fat; 1 g polyunsaturated fat; 20 g carbohydrate; 8 g fiber; 1 g sugar; 158 mg phosphorus; 87 mg calcium; 3 mg iron; 44 mg sodium; 463 mg potassium; 126 IU vitamin A; 14 mg vitamin E; 3 mg vitamin C; 6 mg